Kogarah Veterinary Hospital offers a full range of services to help keep your pet happy and healthy. From microchipping and vaccinations during your pet’s first years to dentistry and dietary assistance to maintain a lifetime of health for your pet.
We offer a pre-payment option on all services for your convenience. This option allows you to pre-pay your upcoming veterinary costs monthly by direct debit. Please contact us for further details.
Here is a brief summary of our services. Please don’t hesitate to give us a call if you need more information.
- Consultations – An appointment will let you organise your visit to fit in with your schedule, but we also accept walkins. Our consultation hours are:
- Mon – Fri 8:00am – 1:00pm; 3:00pm – 8:00pm
- Sat 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Sun 10:00am – 4:00pm
- General medicine
- Internal medicine
- Veterinary acupuncture
- Behavioural issues
- Microchipping – Aids in locating your lost kitten or puppy and allows them to be registered. It can be done at any time after 6 weeks of age.
- Vaccinations – Important to help ensure the long term health of your pet. Our vaccination appointments include a thorough physical and discussion of all health care requirements.
- Dermatlogy – We now offer allergy testing in house (Intradermal Skin Testing). This avoids a trip to and expense of a specialist.
- Desexing – Gives you peace of mind and helps ensure the reproductive health of your non breeding pet. It also stops certain cancers developing later in your pets life.
- Dentistry – Bad dental hygiene has been scientifically proven to increase the risk of heart disease. We offer affordable dentistry for your pets. We have the latest dental equipment including dental x-rays.
- Pathology – Most bloodwork is taken care of in-house, but we work closely with a veterinary pathologist for specialised diagnostics. Our in-house pathology is the latest and state of the art.
- Diet – We stock a large range of prescription Science Diets. We can also individually formulate a diet to suit your pet. Whether your pet has diabetes, bladder stones or other health concerns, we have the ideal diet to help.
- Radiology – X-rays are done on the premises.
- CT Scanning – We have access to CT scanning at reasonable rates.
- Chemotherapy – We offer chemotherapy for your pets when diagnosed with cancer. We offer this service at a fraction of the cost of a specialist hospital with all the care.
- Surgery – We are registered for all major surgeries. We offer the newest and most advance cruciate repair (TTO and TTA procedures) at a most affordable price. We use the most up to date anaesthesia and our dedicated and experienced nursing staff monitor your pet throughout the entire procedure and provide aftercare. Please contact us for more information on your specific needs.
- Veterinary acupuncture –We now offer veterinary acupuncture as a complimentary treatment to traditional veterinary medicine. Please contact the clinic to discuss your animals individual needs with our qualified acupuncturist.
Boarding – Where else can you board your cat and have the peace of mind that your much loved pet is in the hands of highly trained professionals? Our Veterinary Hospital has live in staff which means that your pet is being monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Any health issues that your pet has are no longer a reason for you not to take that well deserved holiday. From specific dietary needs to diabetics, we understand that special cats have special needs and we cater to them all.
Not up to date with vaccinations? Not a problem. We can vaccinate your pet while they are enjoying their stay with us.
Grooming – We offer a complete grooming service in its very own premises. Whatever your requirements, our experienced groomers will exceed your expectations. We do all grooms under the supervision of a vet in the clinic.
Puppy Preschool – Puppies are happier when they are trained and socialised properly, and their owners are happier too! Our popular Puppy Preschool has been graduating well behaved puppies since 2005.